BMW has made its 5 Series sedan since 1972, and this is its second-best selling model after the 3 Series. It has lasted so long because BMW excels at getting the little things right.
- Engine: 2.0-litre 4cyl turbo diesel (520d)/2.0-litre 4cyl turbo petrol (530i)/3.0-litre 6cyl turbo diesel
- (530d)/3.0-litre 6cyl turbo petrol (540i)
- Power: 140kW/185kW/195kW/250kW
- Torque: 400Nm/350Nm/620Nm/450Nm
- Transmission: Eight-speed automatic, rear-wheel drive
- Fuel use: 4.3L/100km (520d)/5.8 (530i)/4.7 (530d)/6.7 (540i)
$93,900-$136,900 (plus on-roads)